CREATE A VIDEO RESUME
It has become commonplace in the selection and recruitment process to use the medium of video.
A video resume is a way for internship/training seekers to showcase their abilities beyond the capabilities of a traditional paper resume. The video resume allows prospective host companies to see, hear, and get a feel for how the applicants present themselves.
In today's highly competitive market, creating the right video resume to accompany your traditional CV can make you stand out from the crowd.
Video resume requirements:
- Dress professionally, just as if you are going to an in-person interview, we recommend a dark suit with a white shirt and a simple tie
- Remember grooming standards- Ladies please tie your hair back
- Gentlemen, please be shaved and cleaned cut
- Choose a clean nice background and we prefer if you are standing
- K.I.S.S. – Keep It Short & Simple. Your video resume is a bullet point list of your already completed C.V. A brief overview of your education, experiences, awards/distinctions and personal goals would be sufficient to present to employers and have greater chances of receiving potential interviews
- Do not deviate too much from the demeanor you would have in the workplace
- Don’t forget to SMILE
- No more than 2 minutes in length
- Can be in any format - WMV is preferred
- Please don’t use private mode otherwise no one will be able to watch it
- Don’t use music you don’t have the rights to, otherwise YouTube will block it
- Post your video on YouTube.com and name it ‘Placement International; Visa J1 program; Last name-First name’
- Do not provide your personal information in the video (Email, phone, Skype)
How to upload a Video in Youtube !
See some examples