Did you know these facts about world immigration? Read them in our new article.
Immigration represents the movement of people and in recent years, it has seen a large increase. Individuals choose to move abroad for a better education, career, and future, or for cultural exchange purposes.
- Immigrants or the offspring of immigrants started 40% of the Fortune 500 companies in the United States in 2017.
Do you read the Huffington Post or use Google? Both were established by immigrants, demonstrating the importance of migration as a source of innovation. Sergey Brin, a co-founder of Google, emigrated from the former Soviet Union, and Arianna Huffington came to the United States from Greece.
- Since 2000, the number of immigrants has increased by 49%.
In the upcoming years, migration is expected to rise for a variety of causes, including significant demographic changes, climate change, conflict, and more.
- The United Arab Emirates has the largest percentage of foreign-born residents (84%).
Although there are immigrants from many various countries in the UAE and its bordering nations, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and India account for the majority of them.
- The French enjoy living abroad.
Numerous French immigrants have settled abroad. Spain (with 220,000 French immigrants) and the United States are the most sought-after locations (180,000).
- One of the largest immigration waves to the USA was during the 1820s-1890s.
Back then, more than 5 million immigrants from Germany and Ireland have settled in the United States.
- The world's most diversified immigrant population resides in the United Kingdom.
The variety of immigrant nations in the UK is 97 on a scale from 0 to 100 based on the Herfindahl-Hirschman index, which is frequently used by scientists to determine the degree of concentration of human populations. The same measurement is 91 for foreigners residing in the United States.
- 25% of USA’s entrepreneurs are immigrants.
According to the 2007 and 2012 Survey of Business Owners (SBO) conducted by the U.S. Census, immigrants started around 25% of new businesses nationwide, with percentages exceeding 40% in some states.
- 9 of the top 13 most valuable brands in the world were founded by first or second-generation immigrants.
Brands such as Apple, Google, Facebook, Disney, Tesla were founded by immigrants or children of immigrants.
- More than 1 million immigrants enter the United States each year.
In 2018, China accounted for 149,000 of the new immigrants entering the United States, followed by India (129,000), Mexico (120,000), and the Philippines (46,000).
- Immigrants play an important role in the U.S. economy.
According to studies, immigrants are more likely to create and own businesses than native-born Americans.
Is this motivating enough for you to start your journey abroad? Take a leap of faith and embrace the unknown! You might surprise yourself with the success that will come your way!
Remember that Placement International is here to help you succeed in your international experience. Sign up today via our website or send us an email at email@example.com to get started. The career of your dreams is just one click away!